Predominantly recognized now as sheep country, Cohagen was once a booming community in Montana’s southeastern corner. Established with the arrival of the Harris family, Harry Harris promptly opened a post office and named the community after his mother’s maiden name. By 1915, several settlers had joined the Harris’ and the town included a school, three stores, a doctor’s and dentist’s office, two hotels, and a restaurant. Harsh winters, however, have taken its toll on the community. Today, only a handful of residents remain.