The Swan Guard Station is the oldest building on the Flathead National Forest. Constructed in 1909 as a remote ranger station, the cabin is located at the south end of Swan Lake near the Village of Swan Lake. Fully restored and reconstructed the cabin comfortably sleeps, ten people. The cabin is road accessible, has electricity but no interior plumbing. A toilet and hand pump for water is located just outside the cabin. Propane heat and a woodstove in the living room heat the cabin. There is one bedroom downstairs with a single bed and two upstairs with two double beds and four single beds. Max occupancy is 8 people. $55/night fee.
From Bigfork take Hwy 83 south towards Swan Lake. Continue through the town of Swan Lake to mile-marker 69, just south of town. The cabin driveway is just south of the cabin rental sign. Continue down the driveway to the cabin with the porch.
Courtesy of USDA Forest Service