Bear Creek Bunkhouse Cabin
- Places to Stay, Forest Service Cabins, Hiking/Backpacking, Horseback Riding, Wildlife Viewing
- General info
The cabin is located at the edge of the Lee Metcalf Wilderness, at the foot of the Madison Range. The bunkhouse is used in the summer and fall as an administrative site. Bear Creek runs near the cabin and bunkhouse. $30/night fee.
• This is a one room cabin that sleeps 2.
• The cabin has electricity including a stove and refrigerator, although there is no drinking water. The cabin is equipped with a wood burning stove for heat. Firewood is available for use in the cabin stove only.
• There is minimal cooking equipment provided.
• Potential exposure to hantavirus due to presence of mice droppings in cabins.
• Rodenticide may be in use in cabin. Take appropriate precautions to avoid ingestion by children and pets.
• No garbage service provided. Please Pack it in, Pack it out.
• No cleaning service provided. Please clean the cabin before leaving. Cleaning supplies are provided.
• Please replenish supply of split wood and kindling before leaving.
• Bear Creek is located south of the cabin. Water should be properly treated for drinking or cooking.
• Livestock are not allowed within the fenced area around the cabins or barn and must be contained properly. Hay and feed, including grain, must be certified weed seed free.
From Ennis take Highway 287 south 11 miles to Cameron, MT. From Cameron turn east on Bear Creek Loop approximately 8 miles following signs to site. Call Madison Ranger District at 406-682-4253 for detailed directions.
Courtesy of USDA Forest Service
0 average based on 0 Reviews
There are no reviews at the moment
Please login to view all listing details!