Wall Creek Cabin
- Places to Stay, Forest Service Cabins, Hiking/Backpacking, Wildlife Viewing
- General info
This is a popular cabin as it is near the Wall Creek Game Management Area south of Ennis, Montana. There are three buildings at this site: a barn, a main house, and the cabin. Only the cabin is available for public use. The barn and main house are used by the grazing association. The facility was a ranger station until the 1940s. Open season May 16. No water, vault toilet. $35/night fee.
• This is a two room cabin that sleeps 4. The cabin is equipped with a wood burning stove for heat. Firewood is available for use in the cabin stove only.
• Bring your own disposable propane canisters for camp stove and lantern.
• There is minimal cooking equipment provided.
• Potential exposure to hantavirus due to presence of mice droppings in cabins.
• Rodenticide may be in use in cabin. Take appropriate precautions to avoid ingestion by children and pets.
• No garbage service provided. Please Pack it in, Pack it out.
• No cleaning service provided. Please clean the cabin before leaving. Cleaning supplies are provided.
• Please replenish supply of split wood and kindling before leaving. Please do not chop wood on the porch.
• There is a spring located west of the cabin. Water should be properly treated for drinking or cooking.
• Livestock are not allowed within the fenced area around the cabin and must be properly contained. Hay and feed, including grain, must be certified weed seed free.
The cabin is located approximately 24 miles south of Ennis, Montana. Travel south on US Hwy 287 for approx. 24 miles and turn right (west) on Forest road 324 after crossing Indian Creek. Follow signs to Wall Creek Station. Further directions can be obtained by calling the Madison Ranger Station at 406-682-4253.
Courtesy of USDA Forest Service
0 average based on 0 Reviews
There are no reviews at the moment
Please login to view all listing details!