Daly Mansion

208
https://www.ultimatemontana.com/media/com_jbusinessdirectory/pictures/companies/585/cropped-1552332485.png
Daly Mansion

251 Eastside Highway,Hamilton 59840,Southwest Montana

Map Location

Map Directions
Categories:
Historical Markers/Interpretive SignHistoric Sites
Keywords:
General info

Marcus Daly, an Irish immigrant, made his fortune in the mines of Butte and founded the Anaconda Mining Company. One of Montana’s colorful “Copper Kings” he established the towns of Anaconda, with his smelter, and Hamilton, with his lumber industry. In the late 1880s, Marcus Daly built his family a summer home in Hamilton, the heart of the beautiful Bitterroot Valley.

The Daly Mansion and the estate known as “Riverside”, were once part of Daly’s 22,000 acre  Bitterroot Stock Farm. The Mansion occupies 24,000 square feet on three floors, with 24 bedrooms, 14 bathrooms, and 7 fireplaces, 5 of which are faced with Italian marble.

The Mansion today, a Georgian Revival Style residence, was designed by A. J. Gibson and completed in 1910 for Margaret Daly, Marcus Daly’s widow. After Mrs. Daly’s death in 1941, the Mansion was closed and boarded up until 1987, when it was opened to the public. The Mansion grounds feature a wide variety of trees, a tennis court, swimming pool, children’s playhouse, greenhouse, laundry building, and boathouse.

Today, the Mansion and fifty acres of grounds surrounding it are owned by the State of Montana, managed by the Daly Mansion Preservation Trust, and recognized as a National Historic Site. The Mansion is open from April 15 to October 15. Tours are available by appointment in the offseason.

Reprinted from Daly Mansion brochure.

BUSINESS REVIEWS

User Rating

0 average based on 0 Reviews


5 Star
0
4 Star
0
3 Star
0
2 Star
0
1 Star
0

There are no reviews at the moment