The Castle & Carriage House
- Things to See, Historic Sites, Museums
- General info
Familiarly known as the “Castle”, this house was built by B.R. Sherman, stockman and mine owner in 1892. The gray stone structure has long been a landmark on its hilltop overlooking the town of White Sulphur Springs. The Castle was sold in 1905 to Michael Donahoe, and in 1960 his heirs gave the house to the Meagher County Historical Association.
The antique furnishings come from families throughout the county in memory of their pioneer ancestors. This is a locally supported effort to preserve the history of Meagher County.
Open daily May 15 to September 15 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. There is an admission charge.
Please login to view all listing details!