Dayton

Dayton, a village of 95 residents, is situated on the Flathead Indian Reservation on the western shore of Flathead Lake.  The town originated in the late 1800s nearly two miles away from the present town site.  When the post office was moved in 1893 onto the reservation, Dayton retained its town name in the new location.  Visitors will find this historical post office still in operation today. 

 

Photo Gallery