Lake McDonald

Originally known as Snyder and then Glacier, Lake McDonald was finally assigned as the official community name due to the settlement’s positioning on Lake McDonald in Glacier National Park. The town’s post office opened in 1913 to serve the town’s business needs. Today, however, the community’s economy and longevity are predominantly dependent upon summer tourists.

 

Photo Gallery