Babb

This town took its name from the district engineer in charge of the St. Mary’s Irrigation Project. In 1912, the town became the headquarters for the Reclamation Service Project. This project diverted water from the St. Mary’s River over the Hudson’s Bay Divide to the Milk River. 

At one time, the Glacier Park Saddle Horse Company, five miles down the road, took as many as 10,000 people a year into Glacier Park on horseback. The business folded in 1942 when the park virtually shut down during World War II.

Photo Gallery