We love our pets and they are members of our families, but before bringing your favorite critter to the park there are some things to be aware of:
- Pets are not allowed along lake shorelines outside of developed locations, on trails, in any building, or in the backcountry.
- You can have your pet in developed areas, in front-country campgrounds, in parking areas, in your car while driving in the park or along the road when stopped, picnic areas, or boats where motorized watercraft are permitted.
- Pets must be on a leash no longer than 6 feet under physical restraint. If not on a leash they must be caged at all times, including in the back of open-bed pickups.
- Pets can't be tied to an object and left unattended.
- Pet owners are required to pick up after their pets and dispose of waste properly.
- Owners must keep their pets quiet and not make unreasonable noise.
- Pets are not allowed on roads closed to vehicle traffic. These are considered backcountry trails
- Do not leave your pet in a closed vehicle! Though the park is in the mountains, temperatures in the summer can climb above 90º. Outside air that is 80º can cause the interior of a car to reach 94º within two minutes, and 120º within an hour.
- Consider boarding your dog in a kennel during your visit. Kennels are listed on this site.