Armington

Jerould “Doc” Armington’s ranch became the building site for the small coal mining community of Armington. Settled in approximately 1890, Armington operated a post office until 1957 and relied heavily on the railroad to draw people into town. 

Since the railroad once ended in Armington, the community was a frequent destination point for freighters who loaded up wagons with supplies for nearby Judith Basin residents.

Photo Gallery