Milltown

Originally called Riverside because of its proximity to the Clark Fork and Blackfoot Rivers. The name was later changed to avoid confusion with another town of the same name near Butte. The town’s name was then changed to Finntown to honor a large number of Finnish residents. 

Later members of the community objected and changed to name to Milltown. The lumber mill that was erected here was sold in 1898 to Marcus Daly whose mines had an insatiable appetite for lumber.

Photo Gallery