Jackson Hot Springs
- Lewis and Clark Expedition, Hot Springs
- General info
The springs provide water for the entire town of Jackson in the Big Hole Valley. The privately owned Jackson Hot Springs Lodge is open year round for soaks in the Big Hole Valley. Admission is charged. The 9,000 square foot very Western lodge is also worth the trip. Members of the Lewis and Clark Expedition on their way back from the Pacific were the first to write about the springs here when Clark cooked meat in the bubbling waters. Fur trappers were known to have enjoyed the springs but not commercially used until 1884. From then on it has had a number of owners and improvements.
Please login to view all listing details!