Dodson

Located on the Milk River, Dodson was a small community named after the successful owner/manager of a popular local saloon and trading post. Although the town incorporated its first post office in 1891, the population could not sustain the new operation and the postal service closed its doors in October 1891. 

With the arrival of the Great Northern Railroad, the town’s population increased, and the post office reopened in 1894.

Photo Gallery